1.1.18. 9 years ago, I decided to create a blog that tracked every day of 2009. I hoped that by stopping to take one picture each day, I would be forced to search for something worth remembering and maybe days would seem less mundane. I love New Years resolutions, and I picked 2018 to be my second attempt at this daily feat. I struggled with the choice of using Blogger or Instagram (which was invented since 2009), but it felt wrong to abandon the old faithful Worst Case Scenario blog. In the last annual blog feat, I also tracked a goal to run 1,000 miles in the year. I am definitely not doing that again. This time, I'll attempt to eat at 100 new restaurants in New York City. I'm back in the city that never sleeps after spending two years in Seattle, and it only feels right to resolve to take advantage of my favorite part of this town: the food. And so - here we go!
New Years was spent at the new MGM Casino at the National Harbor, just outside of DC. Imagine driving down the Potomac river and thinking, Oh DC is so lovely and regal, and then you're tossed out of your Lyft and find yourself legitimately standing on the strip. The only word I can use is random. The restaurants boast Top Chefs and are located in a hallway that can only be described as The Jetsons Opened a Miniature Mall of America. The people run the gamut from glitter mini skirt holding a G&T to Hawaiian shirt grandpa on hour 4 at the penny slots. We ate cheese in foam form on wilted greens, and we had well vodka while playing Blackjack. Didi certainly served up a memorable NYE!
No comments:
Post a Comment