Thursday, June 4, 2009

155

At work, we celebrated L'O's 100th anniversary of being in business. Back in 1909, a french guy started making hair dye in the sink of his Parisian apartment. 100 years later, we celebrated by dressing interns in meticulously designed, shockingly accurate costumes (James Dean, "the future" to name a few), spending 2 hours on their makeup alone, and bringing a jazz band with a guy mumbling on a mega phone onto the 35th floor. There was an entire conference room dedicated to cheese (amazing). How french! The party followed a day of volunteering at local charities. I volunteered out in Queens, clearly got lost on the way out there but once I found it, I had a lot of fun. Getting lost had its benefits - I found this parking lot full of random old planes. After work, I walked home and I got to finally see my sublet! It's super cute, small but cozy, and in a great area near Washington Square in the west village. And there's the kicker: it's next door to Pinkberry. Thank you Nicki for doing all the work on that one... I didn't move in tonight because I decided instead to spend the night watching Mamma Mia and forwarding through the awkward monologue songs.

Anna introduced me to an author, Graham Roumieu, who has written two books in the voice of Bigfoot (Me Write Book: It Bigfoot Memoir and Bigfoot: I not dead). Here is a great section from the latter:

Self Improve
Bigfoot got get more perfect.
Refine Bigfootocity. Pull together.
Think outside box. Lose ten pound.
Learn speak the French. Ballroom dance.
Demonstrate superior knowledge of fine wine at dinner party in charming, non-pretenious manner.
Be Oscar Wilde of woods.
It so hard.
Brain size of apricot. So, so hard think good.
Maybe if eat Kelsey Grammer of Frasier fame, will absorb him soul and all attribute like McDonald's combo meal.

Restaurant of the day: Deli Cafe (Queens)

Miles left: 594.25

No comments:

Post a Comment