Saturday, June 6, 2009

157


I decided I wanted to see New York today, and let's just say Mirms and I made that happen. We covered 14 miles of city over the course of our 6 hour tour. It started with a plan to go up to the park and lie around for a bit and then grab brunch. We walked from my place in Greenwich Village up 5th ave, stopping at the Union Square Farmer's Market and buying tomatos which we ate like apples. We walked all the way to Mirms' apartment in Midtown, changed, and ran up and did the entire loop around Central Park. Instead of getting brunch after, we decided to make the best meal decision I've made in New York and went to Shake Shack. The picture above is of the line for Shake Shack. We waited over an hour, but honestly it was so worth it. Apparently this dive of a shack is the #2 restaurant in New York (according to Urban Spoon). Nicki arrived in the evening and she, Mike, and I had dinner in the west village, drinks at the White Horse Tavern, and clubbing with Diana at Tenjune in the Meatpacking District. We made friends with the bouncer, good friends with the DJ. I fabricated a story that Jessica Simpson was there.

Restaurant of the day: Shake Shack

Miles left: 580.25

No comments:

Post a Comment