I'll pretend like this felt like a completely different day than Thursday but it clearly did not. In puddle hopping transit to the Isle of Man, I met Jura's friends and coordinated a day of touring around the island. Before we met up, I went for a run by myself along the seaside and took in the salt air and abandoned execution site. We then hopped in Hannah's car and explored the island, which it turns out only takes about an hour or two to drive top to tail. I told Hannah and Sarah that I wanted to have a "british lunch" so we went to to a cafe in Peel that overlooked the abandoned castle and ate Battered Cod and Chips and scones with clotted cream and jam. In the evening, Jura and Piers hosted us at Castle Rushen, another abandoned but superbly maintained castle in Castletown. The highlight of the evening was the waxwork people that were placed throughout the castle in various life-sized dioramas. One man's eyes followed my every move like the Mona Lisa - creepy. The night was rounded out quite nicely with a trip to the Castle Arms (formerly known as the Glue Pot) for boat races and packing 12 people in an 8 person cab/van, two of whom lept into the car as it drove down the road.
Restaurant of the day: Silverdale Cafe and Restaurant (Isle of Man)
Miles left: 450.25
No comments:
Post a Comment