Another day filled with touring, this time on a little more than 20min of sleep. We explored Glen May and Niarbyl, and skipped stones while looking for the elusive basking sharks - and then we actually saw one!! I returned to the Sefton to get dressed and ready to find Dan sitting outside, a lonely figure, with the rest of the hotel that had been evacuated for a fire that no one ever found. The wedding was set at Malew Church, where Jura's parents had been married, and where we found a grave whose resident had been buried alive after being accused of witchcraft. When Jura and Piers stood at the front for the first time, a beam of sunlight illuminated them and later blinded Jura. Afterwards, the reception was held at Mr. Cullen's high school (i.e. the location of his 9 year incarceration). There was pick-up cricket, and even Jura took a swing, followed by a three course meal, dancing to old 80s music and 90s pop, and a bonfire on the beach. Little did I know I would regret staying up by the fireside as late as I did...
Restaurant of the day: Niarbyl Cafe (Isle of Man)
Miles left: 447.25
No comments:
Post a Comment