CONGRATULATIONS ANNA! After 9 months of classes and 18 months of waiting, Anna finally graduated from Oxford with a masters in "studies." From what we can tell, this masters taught her to travel, spend money, eat well, speak in a pseudo British accent, act condescendingly to "those loud Americans," and generally bum about at pubs. She passed with distinction! I am still carrying a copy of Gormenghast, one of the subjects of her thesis, in my suitcase, having promised I would read it at some point. The graduation ceremony held in the Sheldonian and was all in Latin... we just smiled and nodded. I'm not a scholar of Latin, but I'm pretty sure "PhD in computer science" didn't exist in 10AD Rome. Just a guess. We celebrated with a dinner with her closest friends, and I took about eleventy billion photos. Congrats again, Anna! You make the rest of us look downright dumb.
Miles left: 71
THANK YOU SISSY
ReplyDelete