Monday, December 14, 2009

348

Day two of skiing at Aspen. We honestly could not have gotten better conditions. Skied the morning with Gunther and the lot, and frequently found myself stuck in deep powder, yelling "You don't have to wait for me!!" At least I didn't get stuck for 30 minutes like Travis. Afternoon was delightful - skied with Team Baker, who chose to take frequent rest stops and when estimating their remaining runs, usually said, oh I dunno, 3 or 2 more? Does it count for 3 if we go on 3 different trails in one run? My pace, for sure. I asked them if we could enter into a serious skiing relationship. I think they're considering it. Finished the night with an amazing dinner cooked by the Italians in the house and a viewing of Elf at #25. I have never felt more like a fatty than the moment I entered the lobby of our hotel carrying only a to-go tub of ranch dressing.

Kevin had a serious talk on the lift with me about my "disease": FOMO. Fear of missing out. I got it bad.

Miles left: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment