I love being at home! I woke up at 11am to meet my dad for a pancake breakfast at the Original House of Pancakes. Nothing beats cheap maple syrup, powdered sugar, and old pictures of Bethesda (which, in the 1940s, was considered the "Gateway to Washington DC, the Washington Country Club District" - nice, that should make it easy for the kids to make friends at school). My mom and I braved the cold weather to visit a coworker's Christmas party, where I caught up with an old friend and eagerly pointed people out who I knew but who blank-stared back at me. We rushed off to the grocery store afterwards which frankly was like Lord of the Flies. It was if disease had struck the Metro area and the only cure was Giant's produce, dairy products, and hamburger meats. I wouldn't have been surprised if, in addition to the massive lines and lack of all perishable goods, we'd seen a child from Great Expectations huddling around a large pine-scented three-wick candle... because that was the only item left in the store. We almost didn't make it up the hill into Fort Sumner as fat flakes of snow silently barraged our two-wheel drive car and slickened the empty DC-gateway roads.
Whilst late night surfing, I discovered Das Uber Vish, the raging blog sensation that can be found on the computers of youths in such countries as Germany and Brazil.
Miles left: 9
No comments:
Post a Comment