Woke up to have the second best meal of the trip at La Cabrera. It was great not just for its steak but for the sides served with the meat: olive tapenade, roasted garlic in a sweet reduction, egg and zucchini, mashed potatoes with poppy seeds, lentil salad, aoli sauce, and something like spicy pepper flakes in oil that was boringly called "salsa". Walked Calle Florida for more shopping and present-finding and to work through the massive amounts of steak in my system. Mike bought leather horse beating things that looked like duck pin bowling balls on the end of leather cords. Not sure what he wants to do with those. Invited the GBE-ers over for a pre-game party, followed by Club Niceto ("the craziest club in BA"), home of cross-dressing, scandalous dancers and a woman who may or may not have been Gem from Gem and the Holograms. I think I also saw Rainbow Brite in line. I never went in the club; instead, Nicole, Sara, and I talked philosophy, dehumanization, and evolution with John's friend Rob at a nearby bar while some random woman cried to her boyfriend (awk). Miles left: 824
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment